Over the last 7+ years, I have obsessed about Presto, the pain points we tried to address with our product/technology, and the things we built to create this one-of-a-kind platform. I am proud have assembled the best engineering team in the world, and put together a process and culture of innovation, development, high quality delivery and repeatability that ensured release after release with new innovative features for the past 7 years. At the same time, we also successfully maintained a balanced and open environment of respect, team work, accountability and responsibility. For a team of this calibre to stay together for 7 years itself is major accomplishment. It goes to show how much we believed in what we were doing and a lot of credit for this goes to the kind of people we have on the team!
So let me take one last moment to recollect our accomplishments leading to this moment:
- April 2006 – JackBe announces Sun folks on board
- October 2006 – JackBe announces Presto REA Platform
- April 2007 – Presto 1.0 released!
- January 2008 – Wins InfoWorld 2008 Technology of the Year
- April 2008 – Presto 2.0 – Major Release Delivers Mashlets, the Industry’s-First Enterprise Mashup Widgets for Business Users
- April 2008 – Red Herring 100 Award finalist
- March 2009 – Named Cool Vendor by Gartner
- June 2009 – Named SD Times “Best & Brightest” Award Winner for Mashup Category
- September 2009 – Open Mashup Alliance Group Founded to Promote Interoperability and Adoption of Enterprise Mashup Solutions
- Intelligent Enterprise’s 2009 Editor’s Choice Award in the Enterprise Applications category
- March 2010 – Presto Cloud Community Edition launched
- July 2010 – AlwaysOn Global 250 Saas and Enterprise Category Winner
- July 2010 – Presto 3.0 – the most important release of Presto launched!
- February 2011 – Presto Mobile Edition launched
- June 2011 – Forrester cites JackBe as Next-Gen BI
- September 2012 – JackBe Named One of 40 Companies to Watch in 2012 by Information-Management.com
- October 2012 – JackBe Wins Prestigious 2012 Washington GOVstar Award for Technical Innovation Throughout Government Market
- October 2012 – Presto 3.5 launched with KPIs and real-time mobile visualizations
- June 2013 – Presto 3.6 with Real-Time Analytics Add-on and Terracotta BigMemory
- August 2013 – JackBe acquired by Software AG!
So, in conclusion, this is a fantastic achievement by the team, and a great testament to the innovation and value embodied by the product and the team we have built together. Congratulations to the entire team are in order! May you go forth and prosper!
On a personal note, this brings me to a new chapter in my career. I will not be joining the acquisition party! I would like to explore other things in my career and life. I have learnt a lot professionally and personally at JackBe, and am grateful for all the experiences that has shaped me over these years, and the people that I have met in the process. Many are now very close friends and I will cherish that friendship forever.
For those that know me know that I enjoy building and working with a great team, enjoy the challenge of innovating to disrupt the status quo, and truly value the friendship, camaraderie, learning, sharing, helping, and building something new that the world hasn’t see before. I will look forward to doing just that!